From tannerjc wiki
13 Rules for Team Members and Team Leaders
- Have Fun
- Do Good Work. Make some money.
- Take care of the people who work for/with you. The Team comes first.
- Take care of the user/customer.
- Take care of the people you work for. Rules 3 and 4 will do most of the work on rule 5, but the boss always comes last.
- It is the team's obligation to challenge its leader. You won't get smacked down, you'll get MORE respect. However, do it appropriately and respectfully. In private.
- Once the team lead has made up his mind, even if a team member disagreed before, it is now his/her responsibility to push that decision to the outside world as though it was his or her own.
- THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A BAD TEAM, ONLY BAD TEAM LEADERS! If the team is bad, it's still the leader's responsibility to make it good.
- It is the team leader's job to protect the team from the outside, so that they can do their jobs.
- Don't ever say, “That's not my job.”
- It is a core component of every leader's job on this team to pass their knowledge onto others in the team. So pass it on…
- It is a team leader's job to push power and loyalty down, not up.
- See Rule 1